New Delhi, the capital of India is a place much renowned for the history and the culture ride that it takes visitors who throng there every year. The capital has some amazing monuments, top notch restaurants, shopping markets and some amazing lip smacking street food to offer! Below is a list of the best street food places in Delhi that make it one of the best places to make your taste buds craving for more!
This list is made after doing a detailed research both online and offline. There may be many other places too that server delicious food, You can comment them below and I will include them in my next video.
1. Located in the Chandni Chowk area of New Delhi, the Paranthe wali gali as the name suggests is renowned for the huge number of shops selling paratha that is a fried Indian bread. Note that the parathas are strictly vegetarian! The parathas are very budget-friendly and you can eat to your taste buds content!
2. If authentic chat is the need of the hour then Lala Babu Chaat Bhandaar is the perfect place to head to. Located in the Chandni Chowk, bang opposite McDonalds this chat stall one to saviour. The Gobi muttar samosas are a must try and at Rs. 80 for two people, definitely no one will be complaining.
3. One of the hidden gems of Chandni Chowk is Bishan Swaroop. Located on the unruly side streets of Chandni Chowk, this place is totally worth the effort put in finding it. The average cost for two is a meager Rs. 50 for two people! The fruit chaat & aloo kulla (scooped out boiled potato and having the filling of chickpeas with the garnishing of spices and lemon) is totally mouth watering!
4. The list of popular chaat places is incomplete without mentioning Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar. One of the best chaat places in Old Delhi, Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar is popular amongst everyone. The array of snacks is quite extensive and at an average cost RS. 80 for two, this place is just too good. The papri chaat is a must try for everyone who visits here.
5. There is nothing better than munching on pakodas and sipping on tea during the winters. The Khandani Pakode wala in Sarojini Nagar Ring Road Market is heaven for those who love to gorge on some pakodas. The outlet dishes out 10 types of pakodas at any given time. The bread pakoda and the Paneer pakodas are the hottest properties at this outlet and the chutneys that come along are just an icing on them. The price for these lovely pakodas is in the range of 10 to 12 rupees only!
6. Exactly opposite Khandani Pakode wala is the Kulcha King. Serving some amazing Amritsari Kulcha and chole, the place leaves you craving for more! For people who want to have a look at the amazing stuff in store before you visit, the place also has its website, www.kulchakingfood.com . Ranging from 70 Rs. To 100 Rs. your taste buds will definitely be satisfied!
7. Not everyone would be comfortable to delve deep in to the by lanes of Chandni Chowk, to satisfy the taste buds of such individuals Prince’s Paan & Chaat Corner is the solution. The apt up-market place for those who want to taste delicious street food in Delhi without venturing much. Owing to its location in the posh Greater Kailash I, this place has got great expats visiting it. The cost is steep at Rs. 250 for two but so is the taste!
8. To have a culinary culture ride head to Dilli Haat in INA. One of the top places to taste dishes from all states of India, Dilli Haat is a treat to behold. From North-Indian thali to Rajasthan spicy dishes or from Hyderabadi Biryani to sea food from Lakshadweep, you name it and you will get it. Cuisines from Hyderabad, Kashmir, Maharashtra, Orissa, Bengal, the list is endless in Dilli Haat!
9. The most sought after place to gorge on non-vegetarian food, Khan Chacha’s located in Khan Market will serve the best rolls, kebabs, rotis and much more! Not just non-vegetarian food, the vegetarian fare on offer is also something worth trying. Prices are little on the higher end, but with such amazing taste, it is worth every bite!
10. The thought of gulping down amazing chole bhature should make you land in Sitaram Diwan Chand. Located in Paharganj, this place is renowned to serve bhature lined with shreds of paneer that blend perfectly with spicy chole!