The autonomous passenger drone service would be the first in the world
Dubai was serious when it said it wants to be first in the world to offer a flying taxi service. That's why on Monday, it staged a maiden test flight for one of its potential taxis: a two-seater, 18-rotor unmanned flying vehicle made by German firm Volocopter, which is backed by fellow German company Daimler. The automated vehicle, which lifts and lands vertically like a helicopter, whisked Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed away for a five-minute flight 200 meters above a patch of sand.
Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe
Get More Engadget:
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/engadget
• Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/engadget
• Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/engadget
• Add us on Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/engadgetHQ
• Read more: http://www.engadget.com
Engadget is the definitive guide to this connected life.